Currently employed by all branches of the U.S. military and in more than 30 countries, Dillon’s M134D Minigun is one of the most reliable weapons in the world given its capacity, simplicity in loading and ease of maintenance. Designed for speed and accuracy, the M134D is a true force multiplier and ideal for the operational requirements of the K50 KRAKEN which includes close proximity maritime engagement.
Dillon’s M134D will combine with systems from recently announced partners Thales and MSI-DS, to ensure all K50 KRAKEN effectors are fully systems-integrated, CMS-led and precisely-aimed for maximum operational efficacy in its maritime precision engagement role.
Mal Crease, Founder and CEO of Kraken Technology Group, commented:
“The iconic M134D Minigun has been linked to maritime platforms but never a boat like the K50 KRAKEN. Its legendary firepower is a key ingredient in this definitive maritime precision engagement platform, and our technical collaboration with Dillon Aero will be another critical addition to the focussed effectiveness of the KRAKEN gunship.”
Randy Nance, International Business Development Manager at Dillon Aero, added:
“The Dillon Aero team are pleased to be partnering with Kraken, and to be bringing the M134D’s fire power and ability to suppress close range targets to such a game-changing vessel. We’ve not seen anything like the K50 before, and setting new benchmarks in fire-power for ultra-high-performance boats is something we’re excited being a part of.”
• Kraken Technology Group is a UK company founded in 2021 and structured around decades of cross-sector expertise and pioneering experience in the marine industry.
• High-performance heritage is embedded in the company DNA and underpins both a disruptive and pioneering approach to maritime design and manufacturing.
• KTG’s core management team come from a diverse range of marine, automotive and security backgrounds, with several having served operationally in the British and US Special Forces.
• KTG acquired Vector Racing in 2021 to accelerate its ongoing development programme into high-performance alternative powertrain solutions.
KRAKEN TECHNOLOGY GROUP PRESS OFFICE
Phone: +44 (0)1252 448 169
Mobile: +44 (0)7739 461 061
ABOUT DILLON AERO
• Dillon Aero has fielded more than 6,000 weapons systems in more than 30 countries. Since the Dillon M134D and M134D-H became the standard model in US and allied services in 2003, the company has relentlessly strived to improve all aspects of every system and installation. Our engineering staff has successfully integrated the M134D system into 18 different rotory wing platform types totaling some 400 plus airframes, brought the system to ground vehicles and remote weapons stations, and developed the Point Guard Naval Self Protection System for use on both large naval vessels and small boats.
• Since 2000, Dillon’s product line has grown to include high-capacity feed systems for the M134D as well as the M240, M60, PKM, .50 Cal Heavy Machine Gun, and MK19 Grenade Launcher; a wide range of helicopter, naval, and vehicle weapon mounts, and a complete line of safety and support equipment for the Minigun.
MSI-DEFENCE SYSTEMS LTD
Phone: +44 (0)1603 484 065